Ty Olaf, 11 Elan Village
Rhayader, Powys LD6 5HP
Privacy: We will reply to any queries about staying in our cottage but thereafter we will not contact you for marketing purposes.
- Elan Links is a new organisation that has been in development since 2013. It is a Heritage Lottery funded scheme which aims to secure the heritage of the Elan Valley and boost the opportunities available for the future. They have developed an excellent website to promote the valley and to outline all the wonderful things […]
- A principle idea of permaculture and no-dig gardening is to develop ground cover. Uncovered soil attracts unwanted weeds , allows the soil to dry out, and is not contributing to the Eco-system. In accepting this principle I was prepared to accept some degree of what some would think of as weeds. For example I tolerate […]
- There seems to be a tradition forming in the UK. The week before a Bank Holiday has glorious weather, as they say the sun is cracking the flags, right up until the start of the weekend when it goes completely down the drain! Well here’s a hint for a drizzly Bank Holiday, just put the […]
- Frequent visitors Neil and Barbara were here in early May. A characteristic of their stays is that they travel widely, always attracted to bird reserves, and wildlife resources. They went on one of their favourite trips, to Llangrannog. They came back very excited, and no wonder! As they walked along the cliffs they spotted gannets […]
- It was busy in our corner of the Elan Valley today! First thing this morning some of the shepherds started gathering the sheep. By nine o’clock people had started to park cars on the grass opposite the house and unload gear, a large gazebo, chairs, water containers, back packs. All very puzzling, but it turned […]