Ty Olaf, 11 Elan Village
Rhayader, Powys LD6 5HP
Privacy: We will reply to any queries about staying in our cottage but thereafter we will not contact you for marketing purposes.
- Re-posted from the Elan Valley news website Dol y Mynach is often underappreciated and many visitors leave Elan without ever knowing its important role. The dam holds back water that has been released from the Claerwen dam down the river in a small reservoir, which is linked to a tunnel that flows straight through the […]
- The annual Elan Village Bonfire, which takes place right outside our house, was spectacular this year. An old shed at the Sawmills had collapsed and the wood from it, along with a considerable quantity of pallets had been donated for the fire. The weather was favourable , there was a lot of rain on the […]
- This Saturday, 4th August, we will be holding the fourth of our coffee mornings in aid of the Bracken Trust. The Trust is the Llandrindod based charity providing support and treatments for people with cancer. It is a brilliant operation that has helped cancer suffers and their families throughout mid Wales, including Maggie […]
- Elan Links is a new organisation that has been in development since 2013. It is a Heritage Lottery funded scheme which aims to secure the heritage of the Elan Valley and boost the opportunities available for the future. They have developed an excellent website to promote the valley and to outline all the wonderful things […]
- A principle idea of permaculture and no-dig gardening is to develop ground cover. Uncovered soil attracts unwanted weeds , allows the soil to dry out, and is not contributing to the Eco-system. In accepting this principle I was prepared to accept some degree of what some would think of as weeds. For example I tolerate […]